Top Tips for Washing Your Van!
The best way to keep your van looking good is to wash it weekly. Washing is the only effective way of removing surface contaminates which can seriously damage the van’s paintwork. However it is important to wash the van correctly to avoid the grit you are washing off from scratching the paint finish. Here are our tips to wash your van correctly:-
- Always wash the van down with a hose first to loosen the grime and remove any loose debris.
- Use a proper soap designed to wash vehicle paintwork. They will ensure the paintwork is left gleaming and scratch free. Halfords or your local garage will stock these products.
- Start at the top of the van and wash downwards to avoid re-contaminating clean areas.
Also the dirtiest part of the van is going to be the lower part where the toughest grime and grit will accumulate.
- Use a brush on the tyres, wheels and under the wheel arches where the tar like build-up is the most difficult to remove. Also if you do this area last it will save the paintwork being exposed to brake dust.
- Use two buckets and two sponges to wash the van. Soap down the van with one sponge and then rinse with clear, clean water and a clean sponge to avoid scratching the paintwork with grit caught in the soapy sponge.
- For a brilliant shine dry off the surface water using a microfibre cloth.
At 7 Ways Rentals all our vehicles are fully valeted before they are hired out to ensure they look immaculate. We are open 7 days a week and can deliver your vehicle directly to your door so if you are looking to hire a van or car for your business, then get in touch with 7 Ways Rental for more information.
Call us on 0161 440 0009