Top 10 Places To Visit In And Around Stockport
Have you got family or friends coming to visit and need some ideas of where to visit in and around Stockport? Here are a few suggestions on some of the best local attractions
- Robinsons Brewery Visitors Centre- great for adult visitors. The tour is interesting and entertaining and at the end of the tour, the bar not only serves an excellent pint but great food at a reasonable price.
- Stockport Air Raid Shelters -Probably one of the best kept secrets of Greater Manchester. Opened in 1939, the shelters were the largest purpose-built civilian air raid shelters in the country. These tunnels were where the people of Stockport would shelter while the Luftwaffe bombed Manchester and Stockport in the Blitz. This is a great experience for all age groups.
- Staircase House- Staircase House is a beautifully restored 15th century townhouse situated in Stockport’s historic Market Place. It provides a wonderful opportunity to discover how our ancestors lived from the 15th to the 20th centuries.
- Lyme Hall and park- the hall has been used in several BBC TV production. The hall is finely furnished, there are beautiful gardens, a fantastic adventure playground and the extensive park land is famous for its herd of red and fallow deer.
- Reddish Vale Farm – a great, inexpensive outing. With lots of opportunities to hold small farm animals, feed the animals, and you can even milk a cow. There is also an adventure playground and a picnic area.
- Marple locks- are a flight of sixteen canal locks, situated on the Peak Forest Canal. A walk along the canal, watching the movement of barges and boats up and down the canal is fascinating.
- Chester Zoo – is a great day out for all the family. There are over 8000 animals and 400 different species including some of the world’s most endangered species.
- Manchester Delta Force Paintball - has a reputation of being the best paintballing venue in the UK. There are various action packed areas to experience the game at its best.
- Chill Factore – this indoor Snow Park caters for all age groups and is the perfect destination for families looking for a good day out. Fun is the objective with our Downhill Donuts, the Luge Slip ‘n’ Slide and Sledge ‘O’ Mania plus in Mini Moose Land for the toddlers
- Trafford centre – this is the largest indoor shopping centre in the North West with 230 stores along three miles of granite and marble boulevards. Stores range from designer and high fashion favourites, including the first Selfridges outside London, to stylish homewares at Barton Square.
Now you have a great list of attractions for Stockport and North East Cheshire, ranging from beautiful canal walks to an animal farm and a zoo and famous historical buildings, why not pick up a people carry from 7 Ways Rental to take you and your visitors out and about. Our people carriers can comfortably seat up to 7 people.
7 Ways Rental offers Car & Van Hire 7 Days a Week across Stockport & Cheshire.
Contact us on 0161 440 0009